Conferences and Presentations
Upcoming and recent presentations
- Zoom research seminar: Psychological Studies of 'Street Children' in Latin America, Culture & Society Lecture Series, Nazarbayev University, 5pm-6.30pm (local time), March 10th, 2021.
- Zoom research seminar: Psychology in Ecuador, East-West Psychological Science Research Center, Chulalongkorn University, 8:00-9:00pm (local time), April 15th, 2021.
- Zoom research seminar, Neuropsychology of Socioeconomic Deprivation, Ashok's Research Team Seminar, Goldsmiths, University of London, 5:00-6:00pm (local time), April 28th, 2021.
- The relationship Between Socioeconomic Status and Cognitive Ability in Adolescence and Early Adulthood May Have Lifelong Implications
- Smartphone addiction, the role of impression management and sensitivity to reward
- Cross-cultural comparison of executive functions: A study of adults in Bangkok, London, and Quito
- I will be chairing a symposium, and giving a presentation, on Homelessness and Cognitive Functioning at the 32nd International Congress of Psychology 2020+ to be held in Prague, 18-23rd July, 2021 (the new date following the 2020 postponement). Due to the pandemic, this is now likely to be a virtual seminar.
- I will be presenting work at the Cognitive Science Society Conference 2021, 26th – 29th July, officially in Vienna, but mainly virtual due to the pandemic. The title will be "A Demonstration of The Positive Manifold of Cognitive Test Inter-correlations, and how it Relates to General Intelligence, Modularity, and Lexical Knowledge". This will be given as a poster and published as a full paper in the conference proceedings.
- I will be giving a verbal presentation on "Problem Smartphone Use, Executive Function, and Academic Achievement of STEM Undergraduate Students" at the 6th International STEM Education Conference, Pattaya Chonburi, Thailand, November 10-11th, 2021.
- I will be giving an invited guest speaker presentation on “Neuroscience and Education” at the IV International Congress on Education, by La Universidad Nacional de Educación, Ecuador, November 23rd 2021, Virtual:.
57 past conferences attended in 17 countries, almost all involving a poster or verbal presentations. A full list of the conferences, dates etc. is available here.
North America & Caribbean
Covid 2020 events - virtual
Many in the UK
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
San Francisco, USA
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Port au Prince, Haiti